Durango Homes & Real Estate
Find the newest Durango homes for sale & real estate listings in Durango, CO below! Home to a community that sees over 300 days of sunshine a year and moderate temperatures in the winter months, Durango offers several big-city amenities to tour in a small-town environment. Access to the San Juan Mountains offers the ultimate outdoor adventures. Award-winning restaurants, an interesting history, shopping, microbreweries, and a distillery are just a few places to drive to in Durango and are reasons to call the city home.
Jump to: Homes for Sale in Durango | Durango Real Estate Market | Durango Amenities | Durango Highlights | Durango Schools | Contact an Agent
Check out Durango homes for sale below or contact us today to learn more about why you should make this lifestyle yours!
Homes For Sale in Durango CO
See All Real Estate in Durango
See TODAY's New Listings, search by beds/baths, home or lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
See All Neighborhoods: Durango Subdivision Directory
See All Condominiums: Durango Condominium Directory
- Durango 55+ Homes
- Durango Commercial Real Estate
- Durango Condominiums
- Durango Creekfront Homes
- Durango Cul-De-Sac Lot Homes
- Durango Fishing Access Homes
- Durango Foreclosures
- Durango Gated Communities
- Durango Golf Course Homes
- Durango Hiking Trails
- Durango Homes On Greenbelts
- Durango Homes With Acreage
- Durango Homes with Basement
- Durango Homes with Finished Basement
- Durango Homes with Greenhouses
- Durango Homes with Guest House
- Durango Homes with Patio
- Durango Homes with Workshop
- Durango Horse Properties
- Durango Land & Lots
- Durango Luxury Condos
- Durango Luxury Homes
- Durango Master Bedroom on Main
- Durango Multi-Family Properties
- Durango New Construction Homes
- Durango New Listings
- Durango Riverfront Homes
- Durango Short Term Rentals Allowed
- Durango Single Story Homes
- Durango Townhomes
- Durango Waterfront Homes
Buying or selling a home in Durango soon? Call Colorado Property Group at (970) 946-0601. Our community of real estate agents will help you navigate the Durango housing market.
Durango Real Estate Search
The Durango home listings on this page are updated several times per day with information from the Durango, Colorado MLS.
Every Durango MLS listing features important details entered by the listing agent, such as property price, days on the market, square footage, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, and construction type.
Remember to review local Durango property tax information and if the current listing is active, under contract, and pending. Durango community amenities such as parks and golf courses will be listed alongside other property features such as swimming pools, views, and greenbelt locations.
Durango Real Estate Market
The Durango real estate market is a dream. As the winding river runs through this quaint yet robust community, many fail to remember that people actually get to call Durango home. With the usual Colorado mountain attributes—rafting, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, and golf courses, among many popular attractions and things to do for vacationers and staycationers alike—many tourists don't realize the outstanding economic and housing market opportunities that exist.
Although the tourism industry plays a vital part, the Durango community is seeing a surge of new businesses and new business opportunities, and there are a number of fun facts to revel in about this city. Whether it's Mercury Payment Systems building a new campus on their property that's on the south side of town or the recently built Mercy Medical Center, more and more neighborhood businesses, as well as individuals, are committed to calling properties in Durango home.
With constant advancement, Fort Lewis College just graduated their first class of masters students. The fairly recent addition of the Community Concert Hall brings a plethora of talented musicians to the community. The men's and women's soccer and bicycling teams always rank high in their division, and are showing to have a strong fan base. A good time always welcomes those touring the area at the top of the mesa.
While Durango communities and other neighborhoods near Durango have over 200 restaurants (some that are even dog-friendly), there are so many that should be considered institutions; Ken and Sue's, Gazpacho, The Ore House and Durango Bagel are all on the way to the popular property of Purgatory Resort. In addition to proximity to good food, there are many Durango neighborhoods near Lake Nighthorse and its water recreation, while other neighborhoods offer stunning views of the Animas Valley and La Plata Mountains. Those looking for the best amenities should check out the great luxury condos in town.
Durango has plenty of annual events and festivals to keep locals and tourists alike occupied in the summer and winter months. The Taste of Durango, Snowdown, and Octoberfest, just to name a few, should be expected to bring plenty of live music and fun with family and friends.
Access to urban areas now exists with constant flights to and from Denver, as well as Durango's many public transportation options. If homeowners prefer driving, they can hop down to Albuquerque for a weekend to enjoy a true taste of southwestern culture. All signs point to continued growth, a strong economy, and a reasonable cost of living, and this mountain town welcomes all with open arms.
Durango Community Highlights
- Just 10 minutes from Lake Nighthorse, Durango residents have easy access to activities like fishing, boating, and picnicking.
- Historic Main Avenue, which cuts through the center of Downtown Durango, is full of shopping opportunities, restaurants, and more.
- The Durango-Silverton train operates for 8 months a year and serves as a famous destination for tourists and residents alike.
- Purgatory Resort, a popular ski lodge, is located just 25 miles north of Downtown Durango and is one of the top resorts in the city.
- Home to many famous festivals and events, including Snowdown and Music in the Mountains.
- Access to a huge number of outdoor activities, from Durango's parks and hiking trails to water activities like lake adventures and rivers.
- Neighborhoods available at different price ranges, including high-end neighborhoods, master-planned communities, and more affordable neighborhoods.
- A variety of custom home builders in the area who can create dream homes for homebuyers.
- Living in Downtown Durango or a neighborhood near downtown gives you access to so many great amenities like dining, shopping, activities, and more.
- Golf course communities are a common sight in Durango, so if you love to golf, there are plenty to choose from.
- Homes can be found it many different architectural styles, from classic log cabins to mountain modern, so there's something for everyone.
Durango Community Amenities
One of the driving factors in Durango tourism is the train that leaves Durango every morning and heads north to neighboring Silverton, eight or so months out of the year. Tourists come from all over the world to witness this coal-powered beauty wind through the San Juan Mountains obtaining views that can only be seen by train. If tourists line their schedule up when Thomas the Train is in town, children will surely have things to do to last a lifetime.
For the winter months the Durango Train features the Polar Express and brings it into town. This holiday-themed tour takes its passengers to the "North Pole" in the Animas Valley, where children and their household can be reminded of everything the holiday season has to offer. A visit from Santa and his elves will top this trip off as one to remember. The hot springs near Durango are also great to visit in the winter.
The rest of the winter season, the Durango-Silverton train makes shorter trips to Cascade Canyon property with beautiful snowy views of the surrounding mountains. A quick stop for lunch for photos and back down the mountain to continue on with your afternoon activities. These stunning tours are just one of the many things that Durango is known for.
Living in Durango, homeowners will find themselves taking out-of-town guests on many train rides. Short- and long-time residents living here have a true sense of what the economic impact the train provides and what a valuable asset we have.
Durango School Information
Durango's 9R school district begins its year toward usually during the last week of August and wraps up the school year in the beginning of June. Durango has recently a couple new "non-public" options to the mix with the addition of Mountain Middle School and Animas High. For more information on area school options head over to our Search by School page. Here you will find valuable information on school grades and will allow you to search for homes based off of your preferred school.
Durango Real Estate Agents
Looking to buy or sell a home in Durango CO? Let our Durango area real estate experts help you buy your next home or expertly negotiate the sale of your current residence. As local real estate agents, we're experts on the inner workings of the Durango real estate market. We'll get started on your new home hunt today!
Contact Colorado Property Group to learn more about buyer or seller representation. Planning on a move and selling your Durango home? Check out our Free Home Evaluation page, where you can discover the true value of your home in Durango!
Search Homes For Sale in Durango CO